As one of the first facilities worldwide to be certified in non-surgical scoliosis intensive treatment, we provide hope for scoliosis patients and their families.
Our true mission is to empower those who have scoliosis. Along with treatment, we educate our patients about their spine’s structure and function. We empower them to maintain their improvements by developing an individualized home rehab program, enabling them to live a post treatment life without bracing and surgery.
We are committed to building a sense of teamwork and a positive relationship with our patients, while maintaining an uplifting and fun clinic.
ABOUT THE CENTER
Dr. Leavell founded Rhino Scoliosis Center as Rhino Spine Center in 2003 in Detroit. The practice was later relocated to Denver in 2005, where we began seeing patients from all over the world.
Rhino Scoliosis Center (RSC) specializes in scoliosis, although we are also dedicated to helping anyone who suffers from Scheuermann’s Disease (pronounced “Sherman’s”), known as kyphosis.
What is the Rhino difference?
RHINO stands for Reduction, Hope, Innovation, with NO Bracing or Surgery.
We predominantly accept patients with scoliosis, so we have an in-depth knowledge of this condition and the challenges that it causes for families. We also treat Scheuermann’s Disease with the same care and attention.
The RSC approach to treatment is special because of:
- A dedication to empowering the patient and their families through education.
- Our custom personalized home rehab programs.
- A positive and encouraging atmosphere that resonates with kids and adults alike.
- A concern for patient comfort and sense of urgency.
- Above-and-beyond access to your doctor during and after care.
- Staff that truly cares about each and every one of their patients.
RSC works with families to provide support through all emotional stages of treatment, including:
- Initial confusion of a new diagnosis (often as a result of all the conflicting information on the internet).
- Initial despondency resulting from years of watching a child’s spine worsen, even while wearing a brace.
- Alarm because surgery seems eminent.
- Resignation to surgery because a date has been set and they feel like there is no other hope.
Because many of our patients are youths and most will require ongoing treatment, we work to inspire them to take charge of their own future. We encourage them to exercise self-discipline, work hard, and celebrate their achievements.
Our aim is to offer the emotional and mental support needed to overcome the challenges associated with this lifelong condition. Here at Rhino, a positive and hopeful outlook is the only outlook you will find. We’re committed to that.